- Resistance to Oxidation and Thermal Degradation – enhanced high temperature oxidation stability offers superior protection to the engine oil at high temperatures and controls sludge build-up and deposits formation in the engine. Extends oil life.
- Enhanced Engine Life – superior wear protection characteristics of the oil provides improved protection to various critical engine parts such as cylinder liner, piston rings & valve, cams, etc. over a wide range of operating temperature. Extends engine life and reduces maintenance costs.
- Engine Cleanliness – advanced detergent-dispersant additive technology provides improved engine cleanliness and ensures consistently high performance of the engine. Enhances engine and oil life.
- Multigrade Performance – Multigrade viscosity is designed to provide easy engine start-up and minimal start-up wear along with protection in high-temperature conditions.
- Excellent Shear Stability – Ensures viscosity control at high temperatures and high shear conditions. Provides protection to the components.
- Good TBN Retention – excellent protection against corrosive wear of engine components due to high TBN retention capacity over the oil life.
- VELION Multigrade 20W-40 is recommended for use in heavy-duty commercial vehicles, light commercial vehicles, multiutility vehicles, tractors, 3-wheelers, gensets etc. fitted with high-speed naturally aspirated or turbo-charged diesel engines operating at low speed and high torque conditions.
Density @ 29.5⁰C, gm/cc 0.856
Kinematic Viscosity, CST@40°C 118
Kinematic Viscosity, CST@100°C 14
Viscosity Index, min. 120
Pour Point, °C, max. – 21
Flash Point, COC, °C, min 240
TBN, mg. KOH/gm. 7-10